Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wonderful sounds

It's raining! Not only that, but there's a whole lot of that fantastically bombastic accompaniment, thunder!! My house's foundation and yard are enjoying every single delightful drop, thank you very much.

And now, it has settled down to a steady rain (altho I still hear some thunder in the distance) ... hang on for a minute while I peruse Houston's weather forecast and satellite imagery ... My goodness, how strange! The storms are moving from east to west!! ... I'll go back and double check. Maybe I was just imagining things? ... (Aha!! Couldn't immediately do it! My lights went out briefly and, of course, the computer shut down. Let me try again.) ... Well, they're still moving from east to west, and it looks like we've got another pretty good-sized one coming at us within the next 15-20 minutes, or so. Hooray!

What that means, of course, is that I will have to put off my shopping sojourn for another hour or two. So be it. My stomach can wait. The foundation won't.

Later.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

A good rainstorm is probably one of my top ten favorite things in the entire world.....especially if there are thunder and lightning, too.

Enjoy it! :)

The world according to M said...

There is nothing like a good thunderstorm. To watch the lightening dance across the sky and have the rain drown out the rest of the world is the best! It rained briefly up here in Dallas the other day. And it came up from the south and proceeded on north, which is very unusual. It was nice to have some relief from this intense Texas heat for just a bit. But now it is way too humid up here for me. Just gross sticky.

Enjoy it while you can. Hopefully it is not the beginnings of hurricane season already.

Goldenrod said...

Amen, Judy, amen. We don't want a hurricane.

This one, tho, was a dandy. Badly needed.

Craig Peihopa said...

I love the rain, I love going and standing in the middle of it until I am soaked through the clothes and drenched. My neighbors think I am loopy, and so does my family, but I just love it. Especially in this country having been in severe drought for the last 2-3 years.