Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Kids say the darndest things

These are from Judy's blog. I don't know if she got them from Art Linkletter's book or not (she doesn't say), but some of them sure sound familiar. Enjoy!


Teacher: Maria, go to the map and find North America.
Maria: Here it is.
Teacher: Correct. Now class, who discovered America?
Class: Maria.

Teacher: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
John: You told me to do it without using tables.

Teacher: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile'?
Glenn: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L
Teacher: No, that's wrong.
Glenn: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

Teacher: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
Donald: H I J K L M N O
Teacher: What are you talking about?
Donald: Yesterday you said it's H to O.

Teacher: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
Winnie: Me!

Teacher: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?
Glen: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

Teacher: Millie, give me a sentence starting with 'I'.
Millie: I is..
Teacher: No, Millie. Always say, 'I am'.
Millie: All right. I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.

Teacher: George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, he also admitted it. Now Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?
Louie: Because George still had the axe in his hand.

Teacher: Now Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
Simon: No, sir, I don't have to, my mom is a good cook.

Teacher: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
Harold: A teacher.

1 comment:

Polimom said...

Hahahahahaha!!!!!! Those are all funny! Laughed right out loud, I did!