Wednesday, July 9, 2008

While I'm still on-line, ...

... I'd just like to say how nice it is to be back on-line again, however briefly.


Last night around 6pm, my "zone alarm" system announced that it would like to install a couple of updates. I didn't think anything of it, as I'd done that a time or two already in my very limited time and experience with computers, so I said "Yes".


Well, it's now 17 hours later, and the only reason I'm able to communicate with you at this moment is that, between the two of us (DSL and I), we were able to disconnect the zone alarm system until he could find more time to 'get on' my computer to first diagnose the problem and then, second, to actually fix it. (Not that we didn't spend a bunch of hours last night trying. We did!!)


Quickly now, Goldenrod, before DSL gets back and you lose your connection!


OK. A couple of things. We're almost 6" down in rainfall. I really hate to mention this, particularly in light of all of the flooding in the past month north of here, but it's the truth. We're dry!!

Not only that, but it was announced today that the temperature of the water in the Gulf of Mexico has reached 90 degrees. Folks, those are hurricane-breeding/fostering/accelerating numbers.


In my travels while cruising the net, I discovered a really neat blogsite, weather-wise, that I'd like to share with you. It's hosted by Matthew East. While he is located quite a bit east and somewhat north of Houston, I find his posts to be 'en pointe'. You might want to pay his site a visit.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I hope the computer problems are solved soon.

At least we will know what's happened to you if you disappear for a day or two.