Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello, Dolly!

Well, I've just spent the past several (many, actually!) minutes tracking this storm's progress.

There STILL is no well-defined 'eye', which is really strange, but you can betcher sweet bippee that she is going to strengthen significantly now that she is once again out over open waters.

I said to Matthew East just the other day, "It looks like Houston is going to be on the 'dirty' side of this storm", and he agreed.


What's the 'dirty' side? It's the side that usually gets the most rainfall along with potential tornadic activity. We can use the rain, but I was sure hoping that it would not take a hurricane to produce it! Torrential downfalls are almost never beneficial.



Meanwhile, back at my ranch, I'm still waiting for ARS to come and see what's wrong with my AC. Sweet lady at ARS told me this morning that it would be after 12:00. Well, it's now almost 2:00, and they're still not here. More later.

4 comments:

Craig Peihopa said...

Rain and storms, the only storms we have been getting of late is wind. We have been in drought for so long now, it is bad. Luckily we are in the middle of winter, but I am not looking forward to summer this year. They normally are plagued with Australian Bush fires.

Tammy said...

We haven't had a DROP of moisture since May 26th. Dry as a bone.

I watched the weather on the news tonight and thought of you all. Or is it "y'all" where you live? lol

Anyway, I'm going to be keeping an eye on this "Dolly" of yours.....

Goldenrod said...

Fires are bad. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you don't get any, Craig. When DO you 'normally' get rain? Houston's annual rainfall total is usually between 45 and 50 inches, but we're way down so far this year. In fact, I think most of Texas is!

And Tammy? Not a drop since 5/26? That's bad. I watched some infrared live maybe a half hour ago, and thought I saw an 'eye' forming. Will be doing a post with updates on my AC, Dolly, and baseball later. Maybe not tonight, tho, cuz I'm a little tired. By the way, I like to say y'all when I'm talking about just one person. All y'all is the plural. Think I'm all alone in that! :)

Tammy said...

Yes, that's actually pretty normal for us. USUALLY we get dumped on in the winter (snow) and then don't see any moisture from June-Sept. Snow usually starts up again in Sept or Oct. We get VERY little rain here.