I can take only partial credit for this post. Altho I have extensively edited, it was originally written by a Tom Ladanye. May you reap some enjoyment from its reflections.
Watch out for the symptoms of inner peace and healthy living! The hearts of many have been exposed to this condition and it's possible that others could catch it in epidemic proportions.
This could pose a serious threat to solving our presently increasing conditions of conflict, hate, and lack of love today. Signs and symptoms of inner peace include:
1. A tendency to think and act positively in the present rather than dwell on fears and past negative experiences.
2. An ability to enjoy and be grateful for each new moment.
3. A loss of interest in judging others. Not everyone is going to like you or agree with you on everything. Allow them their free agency as you desire to express yours.
4. A lack of interest in gossiping about others.
5. Losing the tendency to worry about everything. The big problem is not what people may think about you, but what you THINK they might think about you.
6. Frequent, sincere expressions of love and appreciation.
7. Frequent attacks of smiling and of selfless service and kindness.
8. An inclination to forgive and forget old hurts. Holding grudges causes illness.
9. A growing tendency to just let some things happen rather than trying to force everything.
10. An increased willingness to accept the love and care extended by others while not questioning their motives.
11. Loss of feelings of hurt and disappointment when others do not acknowledge the good you've done them.
12. A sincere desire, when possible, to help others become all that they are capable of becoming.