Steven unofficially tagged me a couple of weeks ago, and Polimom made it official last Wednesday, so now I have to decide whether or not I'm going to play fair.
The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (Already done.)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (Doing it.)
3. Write six random things about yourself.
It took me a while to come up with six that you might not already have known about me, but I think I've got some.
1. I can wiggle my ears.
2. I am deaf in the right ear. Presented a potential problem when driving a taxi. If there's a lot of extraneous noise around, nothing at all is clear. Ergo, no participating in a band or orchestra - not even a small ensemble.
3. I am an independent person. One of the most attractive features of cab driving, for me, is that you set your own hours and select the areas where you wish to work.
4. The thing that I miss the least about cab driving is having to deal with a few customers in an abrupt and unladylike fashion. One has to quickly - often within a split second - be able to recognize a potentially dangerous situation and either diffuse it or get rid of it. I think I lost some of my 'humanity' as a result of all those years in the taxicab business, altho I might be regaining just a little through blogging.
5. I have very fine hair. It's unmanageable long - absolutely refuses to stay in a pony tail and doesn't like perms, so I've worn it short for many many years. It seems to like it that way, and often shows its natural waves in appreciation.
6. My favorite color is now blue, but it was green for most of my life. Strange, huh?
4. (going back to the rules) Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (This is where I'm going to start breaking the rules. Sorry, Polimom.)
I have bragged about and linked to others' blogsites 40-some times since I began this blog in January. I would be hard-pressed to name only six out of all the ones I have enjoyed (and currently am enjoying). SO, with that having been said, I'm going to take this opportunity to recommend one that I don't recall ever mentioning to you.
It is Eyes of Wonder, hosted by Jewels. I cannot find enough adjectives to adequately describe this blogsite - beautiful and inspirational are only a couple. You'll just have to click on to it and find out for yourself, I think.
It takes a few minutes for all of the pictures to download, so please be patient. Music comes on while you're waiting. If you don't like it, you can make it go away, but I like it - in fact, one night I just left her site on when I hit the pillow. I don't remember if I dreamed or not, but - if I did, I'll bet they were sweet!
Many hundreds - literally - follow her site. You should be prepared to go back in time some and lose yourself in thought and wonder. That's all I'm going to say.
5. (back to the rules) Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. Jewels doesn't even post awards on her site! Well, you'll see. I don't think she'd want to play this game.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (Done.)
Thank you, Polimom, for wanting me to play your game. I hope you're not too mad that I didn't follow all the rules. (?)