Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stuff from others

Chuck has a list that really helps bring home the vast concept of a billion ... ...

A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

A billion days ago no one walked on Earth.

A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government spends money.



This one's from Craig, our Australian blogger friend ... ...



I had never heard of Aaron Wilbur before Craig shared that clip on one of his recent posts, had you? There's a really cute video of Aaron Wilbur doing a sketch that includes the phrase, "Bless his heart", where he talks about how people in the South can say anything they want to about somebody just as long as they finish it off with, "Bless his heart." For some reason, tho, I was not able to embed it. If you'd like to view it for yourself, go here. It's pretty funny!


And now I'm off to the shower and then play bridge. Hope you have a good one!

2 comments:

Chuck said...

(I guess my first comment didn't "take" a couple days ago.)

I loved "discovering" Aaron Wilburn and will have a post about him in a few days, giving you and Craig thanks for steering me to him.

Goldenrod said...

Looking forward to your post, Chuck.