Thursday, June 11, 2009

Don't look, Ethel!!!

Wouldn't you know it? Beth sent me a really lame e-mail just a few minutes ago that made me laugh out loud. Here's what it says ... ... If you ever get the sudden urge to run around naked, you should sniff some Windex first. It'll keep you from streaking.

Lawdy lawdy, that brought back some memories! And then, of course, I had to go to YouTube to see if Ray Stevens' "The Streak" was there. And yes, it was!



Anyone remember this craze from the 1970's? Just too funny! There were lots and lots of true stories that involved streakers, not to mention a bunch of jokes.

I guess my favorite joke involves the Aggie (a Texas A&M student) who goes home after his classes are over for the day and excitedly tells his folks, "I saw some streakers on campus today!" His parents ask, "Were they boys or girls?" "I don't know," he answers, "they had bags over their heads."

Do you have any favorite streaker stories to share?

4 comments:

Craig Peihopa said...

Ethel Put your Clothes on!

whalechaser said...

AAhhhhh...THOSE were the good ol days!
Whale

Tammy said...

LOL, that was funny; I haven't thought of that song in YEARS. :)

The only streaking story I have is when I was 7 years old. I was dared to streak across the school yard. I've never passed up a dare in my life.

I didn't leave much of an impression (it was after school and there were only 6 or 7 of my friends around).

HOWEVER, the school was right behind our house. My mom didn't see me, but our neighbor did, and she called my mom and ratted on me. Boy was my mom mad! lol!

Guess that was 1976 or so.

Goldenrod said...

Just one laugh after another with this one! Tammy, I remember you telling me this story a while back ... too funny!

Glad all y'all got such a kick out of it. Have to run ... am playing in the knockout teams in a tournament starting this afternoon and have yet to wash my hair and take a shower.