Thursday, June 4, 2009

"The best pecan pie in the whole world" ...

... is what one restaurant in town has advertised for many years.

Well, one time when I was driving a taxicab I happened to pick up these two guys who were going over there to test out the restaurant's claim.

The one fellow told me that his wife made the best pecan pie in the whole world ... the other fellow insisted that his mother did!

There was no way on God's green earth that I was not going to wait around to hear the verdict.

I waited. I was kind of excited, actually. This would be the very first time I had driven two people who were interested in challenging this unbelievable claim.

Not more than 30 minutes later, the two came out and - grinning sheepishly - got into the back seat.

I asked, "Well?!?" "They're right," they both responded. I promised the one that I would not tell his wife and the other that I would not tell his mother and off we went, laughing like crazy.

Thank you, Chuck, for reminding me of this little story! (It was Chuck, btw, who posted this YouTube video on his blog a day or so ago. Enjoy!)

1 comment:

Craig Peihopa said...

Excellent! thanks for sharing.