Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Speaking of graduations ...

... I thought I'd share with you a couple of photos from the weekend my daughter graduated from college in December of 1983.

This first one is a double exposure, probably at the end of a roll of film, taken in the airport. It's one of my all-time favorites, for some reason ... ...


The cape I'm wearing was purchased at the Renaissance Festival, which is held north of here every fall. It has an attached cowl-type hood and matching wool fabric belt. I just love it!

This next one was taken outside the restaurant where we had all gone out to eat together after she graduated ... ...


Obviously, the temperatures had warmed up a little bit. And yes, that's her daddy. Isn't that just a great shot?

5 comments:

Craig Peihopa said...

Very creative pic for the first one, even if it was a mistake, and the second one is a great shot indeed. Love your new scanner and that are using it Goldenrod.

Goldenrod said...

Well, I could have done a better job cropping, etc., - particularly on that second one - but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Jacky wrote that she doubted one could take a double exposure now ... says the cameras are smarter than SHE is! What do you think, Craig? Could a double exposure be made now? I just LOVE that first one!

Craig Peihopa said...

Goldenrod, Nikon actually produce compact cameras for about $279 AUD that are designed to create photos EXACTLY like the first one. It is easy now. You can do it on digital SLR cameras but it requires a bit more know how. I love it too.

You are a Very chic lady Goldenrod!

steven said...

hi goldenrod, i notice that mum and daughter are performing the "leg pretzel"! why is that? steven

Goldenrod said...

And so there you are, Jacky ... only around $300 to deliberately try and take a picture that was an accident years ago!

Steven, my daughter and I practiced for many hours before that shot was taken. We were trying for a "twin" look. :)