I recently promised a dear blogger friend of mine that I would write a post on self-worth "within the next few days", I think I said. I just cannot seem to get my mind to encompass all of what is required to put it all together just now. It's weird, too, because I keep waking up with all of these thoughts about whatall I should try and include in such a post. I'll get up and take a few notes. Then I'll go back to bed. It's a very important subject, but I feel the need to postpone it until I can do it justice. I hope you will forgive my lack of timeliness.
Meanwhile, I have decided that today's posts be of a humorous nature. There'll be three altogether. Not really trying to make up for 'lost time', altho it might seem like it. It's just that I didn't want to include all of them in one long post.
This first one will have an entry from WITS. If you are not familiar with this organization, please visit here for my introductory remarks.
Composed by Jake, 5th grade, and published January 27th, it is entitled ... ...
How to Get a Date
1. Say you like the girl's shoes or something.
2. Then walk away. If she says "Ha!" go and walk back. If not, that means she's not interested in you or she is not the person who really likes boys.
3. Start a conversation. Ask what she likes or how she is feeling.
4. Tell her what you like.
5. Ask her if she has a boyfriend.
6. If not, ask her what she's doing Friday or Saturday night.
7. If she's free, then that's when you move in. Ask her if you can take her on a date.
8. Take her to a fancy restaurant.
9. Take her to where they have lots of decorations and other fancy things.
10. If you have lots of things in common and she likes you, plan to make reservations for another date.
[photo by jeff_engel via flickr]