Sunday, May 18, 2008

My belated Mother's Day present

When I arrived in Katy just a minute or so before 3pm on Saturday, there were DD and my granddaughter shouting, "Hurry and up and park the car. We have to hurry!"

So I did and off we went. Not very far. Couldn't have been more than a mile or so.

We pulled up in front of one of the shops in this strip mall and went inside. It was one of those salons where they give manicures, pedicures, and all that good stuff, would you believe it?

DD told me that she'd not had the vaguest idea what to give me for Mother's Day until she read one of my recent posts.

Ha! There we were, the three of us sitting side by side with me in the middle, soaking our bare feet in this jacuzzi kind of thing, and leaning back in our massage chairs having our backs kneaded and pummeled and rubbed. My goodness!!

Fingernails and toenails were cleaned, pruned, and polished. (I have NO idea how DSL managed to keep from snorting out loud when I mentioned that I needed a nail file!) Feet, legs, arms, and hands massaged. I mean, we got the royal treatment. Just delicious!

So, now I have had my nails done. Thank you again, DD!

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

What a great idea! Now, the "nail file" bit is really funny. :-)

Tammy said...

That's about the coolest gift I've ever heard of. And what fun to do it with your daughter and granddaughter as well! Kudos to them on a great idea!