Monday, June 9, 2008

Quote for the day ...

... (per wikiquote) is "Be a clown, be a clown, All the world loves a clown. Act the fool, play the calf, And you'll always have the last laugh." (Cole Porter)


This quote reminded me of another one, "Laugh and the world laughs with you." I'm sure you've heard this one. Am not going to look it up, but you can probably find the source if you're interested in doing so.


Then again, my mind went ever onward to Stephen Sondheim's "Send in the Clowns", which is not the slightest bit amusing, but has been one of my favorites for many, many years. In fact, when I had a piano, this tune was one that I would frequently play in accompaniment to my own singing.



What I would like to focus on today, however, is (and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get this quote exactly right) the one that says, something like, "Better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."


"We" (not the imperial) out here in bloggerland open our mouths and remove all doubt as to where we stand, at least those of us who are willing to honestly share and write about our own personal thoughts and opinions.

Blogging, truly, is a wonderful outlet for expression and, subsequently, feedback.


While this post is not entitled, "I recommend," nevertheless I would like to recommend another site for you. This one, titled "Polimom Says", focuses primarily on politics. There is a lot of interaction in the "Comments" section between the author and various commentors -- 1st time commentors' thoughts are held 'subject to approval' by Polimom -- which sometimes makes this section longer than the original post! (A fact that perhaps only I find amusing?)

Polimom includes, at other times, various snippets on life with AC (Adorable Child) and other members of her immediate family. She has begun a series of posts on her lineage. She is also fast becoming a noted photographer, and I, for one, wish that she would include more of her own photographs on her site.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Monty doesn't normally have ALOT to say, but he does occasionally say this, "Better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt," of others. lol