Got this idea from Tammy. Don't think I've ever done a meme, so this'll be a first.
1. One person who made me laugh recently. Chuck - I'm a cat lover, so really appreciated this post. Brought back many memories.
2. What was I doing at 8am? It won't be 8am for another half hour or so. If I remember to do it, I'll come back and tell you.
3. What was I doing 30 minutes ago? Making fresh coffee, deleting SPAM, and reading Tammy's post. (Busy little beaver, wasn't I?)
4. What did I do in 2006? Drove a taxicab almost 24/7, taught bridge, and even managed to get in a game or two of duplicate now and then.
5. Last thing I said aloud? Read this question off of Tammy's post.
6. Beverages? Black coffee, sugar free/Diet A&W root beer or Sprite, and Chivas. I'm not much of a water drinker except for Wednesday mornings, when I down a bunch of it with my weekly pill. Oh! Forgot to mention orange juice. If my body feels like it's trying to come down with something, I guzzle oj. Works pretty well for me.
7. What color is my hairbrush? Don't remember. Will have to go look. ... ... It's wood, a light brown - have had it for centuries!
8. Last thing I paid for? Insurance (yearly premium) - check's going out in the mail today.
9. Where was I last night? At home.
10. Front door color? Kind of a rust brown on the outside, white inside. (Boring!)
11. Where do I keep my change? Driver's side front door - a habit from all my years as a cab driver.
12. What's the weather like today? Don't know. Haven't been outside yet. However, we had a pretty good-sized cold front blow through here last night, so it'll be about twenty degrees cooler today than yesterday. (Don't read this, Tammy, or anyone else from up north, OK? It was 79 degrees yesterday. That's an ouchie, isn't it? Sorry about that, but you did ask! By the way, the furnace is running as I write this - thermostat is set at 72 degrees.)
13. Best ice cream flavor? I don't eat ice cream anymore, but - if I did, it would be butter pecan. When I was a kid, it was chocolate. Still like chocolate, but I like butter pecan better.
14. What excites me? A well-turned phrase, a bridge coup, running across someone I haven't seen or been in contact with for years, discovering a new (for me) blogsite that I intend to add to my 'Favorites' list, a new book by one of my favorite authors, finding something I thought was lost forever - lots of things, actually.
15. Am I over the age of 25? HA!!
16. Do I talk a lot? Not usually. I used to be a lot more social than I am now. However, I am still known to carry on some pretty long conversations every now and again. I write a lot!
17. What color socks did I wear today? Imagine what one of the Dr. Seuss characters would wear - a very loud and multi-colored stripe. Trying to keep my tootsies warm inside of fur-lined moccasins.
[It's now after 8am, so you have the answer to #2.]
18. Do I know anyone named Steve? Not at the moment.
19. Am I a jealous person? Not usually, but sometimes I can feel that little green man sneaking up behind me.
20. Last person I talked with on the phone? One of my long-timey cab customers - wants me to pick up her sister tomorrow night at Hobby Airport.
21. The last text message I received? Same oh same oh every day - a weather report. Don't know how I got on that list, but it's innocuous enough and easily deleted.
22. Do I chew on my straw? I don't remember the last time I used a straw! The answer if I did, tho, would be 'no'.
23. Do I have curly hair? Wavy, which begins showing the day after I wash it.
24. Where's the next place you're going to? Out to the mailbox to mail that insurance check. (What an exciting life I lead!)
25. Who is the rudest person in my life? Well, I try and avoid negative situations and people. However, if I had to name one - and I won't in this post becuz there are some duplicate bridge players out there who read my blog - it would be from the world of bridge.
26. What was the last thing I ate? A grilled cheese sandwich.
27. Will I get married in the future? Surely you jest! Won't say never, but 'been there done that' unsuccessfully three times should be more than enuf, wouldn't you agree?
28. The best movie I've seen in the past 2 weeks? The Christmas Box, with Maureen O'Hara. Wonderful movie! Tonight, tho, I'm really looking forward to watching Driving Miss Daisy. It'll be shown on one of our local channels. It's been a long time since I've seen that one!
29. Is there anyone you like right now? What a weird question! Do you mean a boyfriend? (See #27) Do you mean a fellow blogger? (See #14) I feel very close to some of my blogger friends, and to Beth and Jacky. I like a lot of people, altho - if the absolute truth were to be told, I'm more of a loner now than I ever was in my whole life. I'm not lonely. I just usually prefer my own company. Have written about this before, I think, a time or two. Some of you might remember.
30. Long nails or short? The fact that I have nails at all is astounding! They're short, from 'centuries' of biting, but they're there. Don't usually use polish but - if I do, it's clear.
Thanks, Tammy, for your meme. I loved it!
PS. Word of the day? Centuries!