Thursday, March 19, 2009

Subscribing to blogs

Do you subscribe to any blogs? I have "subscribed" to only one blog, and that was because one of my blogger friends was starting a new one in addition to the one he already had. I was trying to offer my encouragement and support.

That's kind of a new feature for "Blogger" where the author can list, if he/she chooses to do so, how many 'followers' he/she has.

Personally, that has no appeal for me. Throughout pretty much my whole life - except when I was very young and peers were so important, I have had little or no interest in 'popularity contests'. At the same time, however, I must admit that I go back to my "followers" list every three or four days just to see who I might have gained or lost following a particular post. :) I guess that's only natural.

My posts are (mainly) just for me. I first began publishing in January of 2008, and I will be the first to tell you that I have had an absolute 'blast' with these! If you're interested in them, I'm glad. If you're interested enough to leave a comment, I'm super glad! And some of us, even, have become friends.

I have not blocked 'Anonymous' comments - altho I would prefer that you have the courage and good manners to sign your name, nor have I felt the need to moderate comments, thank goodness!

I have some "Favorites" - each for a different reason - that, if I don't check back with their sites at least every other day or so, it's like waking up in the morning and not having coffee. I need their energy, their enthusiasm, their unique thoughts and very special wakeup messages to jumpstart my day!

They know who they are, I hope ... ... Audrey, Chuck, Craig, Daryl, Ellen, Janet, Michael, Nancy, Patrick, Simon, Steve, Steven, Tammy, (other) Tammy, Will and (other) Will. Special special people all, and I feel so privileged to be included as an outsider looking in on their unique worlds.

I have been humbled by your comments of support, brought up short by some of your criticisms, but most of all grateful that so many of you have thought my blog worthy of inclusion in your busy lives.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Yup, I'm the QUEEN of anonymous blog following as of right now. lol!

I love your blog and have followed it for a long, long time and I peek in daily. :)