Sunday, February 1, 2009

The auroral corona over Norway

The latest Astronomy Picture of the Day, seen here ...


... as usual, just took my breath away.

I by no means want to detract from what took a while to compose ... ... I'm talking about what I just published, for crying out loud!

It's just that, after having published my "balancing the checkbook" post, I thought I had some time to just leisurely peruse through some of my favorites and then I'd check back with all y'all again tomorrow sometime (or whenever).

I was mistaken, for perhaps the 400 gazillionth time. I simply could not let this one go by without telling all of you about it. If you'd like to read more about this photo, please go here.

2 comments:

steven said...

goldenrod, can you imagine being there - seeing this with your very own eyes?!!!!!
steven

Goldenrod said...

No, Steven, I cannot begin to imagine such a thing!

Isn't it wonderful that it is possible for us to even have the opportunity to VIEW such pictures. We are so lucky to live in such an age!