Monday, March 31, 2008

On being retired ... (or 'semi') ...

Goods and bads, either direction, I guess.


I have spent MANY hours today "shopping" around. (Any of you who know me at all know just how much I love shopping!)



I HATE shopping!!!!!!!!!!



I really dislike using the word "hate" ... think it's abominable, a word to avoid, a feeling that one should not have. Deep down, in the farthest depths of me, I try to not use that word -- or even think of that word! It's so (normally) outside of my everyday vocabulary usage that I have been known to go to great lengths to keep from uttering it.



ToDAY, however, I found myself spending (literally) hours on the phone, talking to receptionists, nurses, whomever the powers that be were that I reached on the phone, asking questions about my "WellCare" coverage.

Did it include this/that? What should I expect? Where do I go from here? Are you sure that I can do this/that?


WHY was I spending so much time on the telephone?

Good question.

I'll answer by saying that I am probably the world's worst procrastinator!! I put off until the very last second/minute/day something that should have been decided long ago.


We are now down to the 'nitty gritty'. Today is the last day to change one's coverage without penalty. Otherwise, one would have to wait until November.


You know what? I think I'm going to wait until November. Meanwhile, I am FULLY informed about all the "---------" that's currently out there, which is a whole lot more than I could have said for myself three months ago!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hate: loathe, detest, abhor, dislike, abominate, despise, have an aversion to, feel hostile toward, shudder at the thought of, recoil from.....yep, those pretty much sum up how I feel about shopping, too. Even worse is having to put it away when I get home. I'm lucky the girls like to go with me, or even go instead of me (Emily) and that they like to put the groceries away. I don't know WHAT I will do when they are all out of the house......

And as far as the insurance thing goes....from one procrastinator to another: why do today what you can put off til tomorrow? Or in your case....November. lol

Love ya!