I can't believe it's been over four months since I last published one of these! (And I promised you one each month, too! I lied.) I am a bad, bad, bad, bad girl.
This next one has a lot of letters in it and you might find some of the directions a touch confusing. The important thing to remember is to take your time and follow the directions exactly, doing the steps in the order presented. If you do, you should end up with an amusing word or phrase that is apropos to where you started. I'm including this one, even tho it's a little complicated, because I am so fond of the answer.
Ready? (If you're not quite ready, go here, where my directions might have been a little more precise.) Now are you ready? Hope so! Here we go and good luck! ... ... ...
1. Print the phrase A SEMINAR ON TIME TRAVEL, omitting the spaces.
2. Move the last letter in the row to the immediate right of the S.
3. Insert a D in the exact center of the row.
4. Change the letter that appears latest in the alphabet to a G.
5. Exchange the second letter from the left with the eighth letter from the right.
6. Change every M to a W.
7. Delete the third vowel (A, E, I, O, or U) from the right.
8. Double the first consonant from the left.
9. Change the center letter in the row to an I.
10. Move the S two positions to the right. (Watch out here. When I first started working these, I ALways got this kind of direction wrong! If you end up with some sort of gobbledygook, this is probably where you started erring. Remember, if you get an early answer wrong, it affects all of the succeeding ones adversely. :( To give you a little hint of what I was doing wrong, I never moved the letter far enough!)
11. Change the last letter in the row to an O. (This kind of direction always means 'as you are reading, from left to right'.)
12. Move the first W from the left to the very beginning of the row.
13. Insert a Y to the immediate left of the first T from the right.
14. Delete all R's.
15. Replace the last I from the left with HE.
16. Move the first vowel from the left to the immediate right of the Y.
17. Change the leftmost A to a B and then move it three positions to the left. (As with #10, be careful!)
18. Exchange the fifth letter from the right with the seventh letter from the right.
19. Delete all N's.
20. Change the third vowel from the left to an L and move it to the immediate right of the next vowel. ("Next" means moving along the line of letters to the right.)
21. Insert an O between the seventh and eighth letters from the right.
22. Change the first T from the right to a D.
Well, how do you think you did? If you ended up with WILL BE HELD TWO DAYS AGO, hooray for you! I'm absolutely amazed and delighted to tell you that I got this one on the first try. Not trying to brag, mind you. Just conveying my astonishment!